Our Story into Plastic Fabrication
- Our story into Plastic Fabrication
- CCMI was founded in 1991 by Wells C Lewis. Wells was a manufactures rep that sold a variety of plastic processes like injection molding, rotational molding, profile extrusion, and others. Along with a HUGE personality Wells saw opportunity in all opportunity regardless of volume. He always used to say, “I didn’t spend my day searching out the million order, I spent my day searching out all orders small or large.” His philosophy was a volume of purchase orders not necessarily one or two purchase orders of high volume.
- Wells often found himself in positions where his customer had needs that didn’t require a process like injection molding, but rather the needs required parts or assemblies to be fabricated. This prompted Wells to start CCMI. Before computers were as prominent as they are today, Wells looked up the dictionary definition of FABRICATION, and it contained these four words, Create, Construct, Manufacture, and Invent. Wells now had the business name and some business and so it began. Starting in a small storage unit in Auburn NY, then moving to a larger space in Geneva NY, and eventually purchasing its current building of 8,600 sq/ft of open manufacturing space.
- In 2004 Anthony W Lewis, son of Wells, joined the team. Anthony saw the opportunity and potential of CCMI, and rebuilt the business from customer up. Anthony re branded, invested into new equipment, and diversified to attack the industry demand. Anthony has grown the business by more than 100% and continues on that same path.
- Some of that same philosophy of a large a customer base verses a few customers with large volumes has stayed true, Anthony has brought the energy to encourage continuous change and diversity. Today CCMI has grown into four specific departments, CNC Routing, CNC Machining, Heavy Gauge or Cut Sheet Thermoforming, and final fabrication and finishing. These four departments have proven to encompass all of the industry needs of plastic fabrication.
CCMI headquarters in Geneva, NY and is conveniently located off the NYS thruway, midway between Rochester and Syracuse. Geneva, NY is located at the head of Seneca Lake within the picturesque Finger Lakes Region of Western New York.
CCMI’s state of the art, 8,600 square foot manufacturing facility utilizes cutting edge equipment alongside tried and true industry classics. Contact us to schedule a tour or for additional information.